Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuesdays with Moon: Café du Rat Mort

While walking through a parking lot by a local Mexican restaurant I noticed a dead rat. He was a fat, ugly, brown rat and didn't look as if he were hit by a car but dead none the less. Let me add, I don't like this restaurant and if I were to create a scenario it would be: the rat ate there, was ignored by the wait-staff, and dragged his body outside where he expired. Since I saw none of this we'll just have to suppose.

On to the next death. On the same day, while walking in my neighborhood, at the foot of a small retaining wall I saw a dead mouse. I did examine this closer, because Disney has done such a good job; mice are much easier to look at, and he looked as if he'd fallen and died of a broken neck because his head was at such an unnatural angle with a little pool of blood coming out his ear. Other than his death he looked rather healthy.

These were two observations. I can't say the last time I've seen a dead rodent in town but to find two on the same day was creepy, to say the least.

Editor's note: Café du Rat Mort was a real café in Montmarte frequented by artists in the mid-to-late-18oos.

No comments:

Post a Comment