Thursday, July 13, 2006

Sue-approved gingersnaps

Our 4th of July tradition for more than twenty years has been to attend a pool party with lots of people, bbq and fireworks. The party, originally hosted by Sue and Nelson Christensen, is now being featured at their daughter and son-in-law's, Donatello and Blondie. If you are a regular reader, surprisingly I have a few, you know we lost our dear friend Sue in May.

So this is how the party goes: Splash, splash, eat, drink, talk, laugh and wait for Sue to bring out her two famous cookies, chocolate chip and gingersnap. All the splash, drink, eat, talk comes to a halt for these gems and to honor her the family asked attendees to make her gingersnaps.

Ah, another contest. Rules were: the winner would be the cookie closest to Sue's. How could I turn down another contest. I'd had her recipe and made it twice to come close. I guess I was closer than anyone else because of the five entries, I won.

I was glad they liked the cookies but even more glad to get the "trophy" which is pictured below. It's a spoon from her kitchen mounted on a bread board. Now I think of Sue every time I see it.


1 comment:

  1. Oh that is just the best winning trophy ever. aren't you gonna put this on PBE too?

    ReplyDelete