Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Tales from the teardrop: Gallup to Kingman with a side trip

We did 330 miles today and even stopped by the Painted Desert for a few pix. We also stopped for a late lunch and a driver change. I drove from Winslow, AZ. Dan relinquished the wheel I guess because for the past two days he's been greasy and dirty and frustrated, he just needed a rest. I did fine, he even slept.

We are staying in a Holiday Inn, nice and we arrived in time for happy hour, downed one, and slept for an hour. Because we ate such a late lunch dinner is out. That's ok, I don't see anything other than a Sonic nearby. Now tomorrow a orange cream slush would taste pretty good since it will be a pretty toasty ride through Needles.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:45 AM

    I'm glad you are on the way home, safely.

    Don't overlook Sonic...... they are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete