Sunday, July 25, 2010

Deadline met

The bi-yearly Getty Art Show for the staff and docents deadline is August 4 so I've been working like the devil to get this finished and when I say finished I also mean matted and framed. I would like a double mat and bought large pieces, this is a 22x30 inch frame, but for some reason cut the second mat the wrong size. To quote a former co-worker, "I cut it twice and it's still too short." Rather than wait until next Wednesday when I'm in LA so I could pick up another board I decided one mat was just fine.


This pastel was taken from a photo on our last trip. We were in Arches National Park, it was late in the afternoon, and the truck had a ignition problem. So I could take some photos of the wonderful red rocks in the park my darling drove us from spot to spot and I'd jump out and snap what I wanted. He never tried to hurry me along though the temperature was triple digits.

At one stop I snapped a shot and turned to walk back to the truck. The green of the truck looked so great with the red rocks and the lengthening of the shadow that I snapped another one. This really says it all about our vacation. The truck, the teardrop and the wonderfully beautiful country we drove through.

No comments:

Post a Comment