Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tuesdays with Moon

To prove last Tuesday wasn't a fluke I didn't use my car again today. Posting about this means I'd have to be accountable to someone and I wasn't sure if I could live up to a challenge but here it is, another Tuesday and I've succeeded getting things done with public transportation and my own two feet. I logged about five miles and two buses and let me whine a bit, it was 92 sunny degrees out today.

Every time you start to feel smug about an accomplishment reality smacks you in your face. Getting on my final bus I stepped aside so a woman with five bags full of groceries could board. It then dawned on me she was using the bus because she had to not because she thought it stylishly green to do so. I hung my head in shame. Not that it's wrong to give up your car for a day from time to time, nope that's what we all should do. Riding the bus is a great reminder we need to control this runaway price increase in oil if for no other reason than that women with the five bags of groceries.

1 comment:

  1. I can attest to Ms Moon bus riding cause I called her while she was waiting for her bus. I am so proud of you doing this.......just wish everyone could do this.

    Bless the lady you stepped aside for.

    ReplyDelete