Sunday, October 15, 2006

Everyone loves their Teddy

I've not been posting much here lately because I just am not happy. Seems like Death is making an appearance way too often in my little corner of the world. This year I've lost two uncles, a good friend's mother and now another long time friend. Someone please, have a baby!

My life is such that I have a lot to be thankful for and knowing all these people has been sweet but boy, when you start losing friends it does make you think of your own mortality. Put your affairs in order, think about what needs to be done or said, things like that. Life is short. Sounds trite but it is.

Teddy was a nice guy and he always said I was beautiful. That would make me laughed and I'd reminded him he was blind, which legally he was, but he was sweet to say it anyway. Teddy was the poster child for what you shouldn't do when you were diabetic and he paid the price--but he did live life on his own terms.

When our little doggy Sheba would bark at him I told him it was because she was afraid of tall people and he'd lay on the floor so not to scare her, he was that kind of guy.

We'll miss you Theodore.

5 comments:

  1. ooooohhh I am so sorry. He was a very special person and did march to the beat of his own drum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please accept my deepest condolences for your loss. If it helps, I have also been through some very sad times this year. You are not alone. Take care of yourself and God bless you.
    Que te vaya bien,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss. It does take quite a toll on our emotional state. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to all for the wonderful words of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. he will be missed, but i will smile and think of him everytime i see a woody going down the street(that's a classic car, for all you perverts).

    ReplyDelete