Saturday, October 07, 2006

Cease and desists

On-line banking has been the way I deal with bills for a long time and about two years ago I talked my darling husband into letting me pay all the household bills that way, too. It is so easy to schedule payments in case you are out of town.

Yesterday I received a letter from the trash company and they'd like me NOT to send them any more money. Somehow I'd gotten it in my mind to pay for our rubbish collection every month and had been doing so for two years. I now have a credit because they bill bi-monthly and won't have to pay for a year. At first I wondered why I wasn't getting an electronic bill but since I had no other communication from the company I forgot about it. Now I've got to remember to start paying again next year.

1 comment:

  1. I gotta tell ya this sounds like something Ma would do ;)

    ReplyDelete