Monday, October 23, 2006

Do you trust me?

Last night we had some friends over for an early dinner, friends we haven't seen in a while for no other reason than we've all been busy. One was busy trying to die so it was a pleasure to have her sitting at our table once again. She's healthy and we plan to keep her that way for a long time. I've known too many lately to leave so this was a silent celebration for me to reaffirm life.

It was great to sit at the table and talk; I love to feed people. Well, that's half wrong, I love to cook and I had a few recipes I wanted to test so they were likely guinea pigs. I'm sure I'll get a post up on Peanut Butter Étouffee soon because some things worked and others, well another post.

A comment last night made me think a bit about this blog. I do, from time to time, mention friends and family here--they are part of my life--but do they feel this is an invasion of privacy? I try not to give names or really tell anything that shouldn't be public but would me having a blog keep them from confiding in me? I hope not. Maybe they've never thought of it either.

Originally, I created this journal to track our remodel last year, which I did, but decided to keep writing--yes, and ranting--a little longer. Maybe when I finish I can look back and get some insight into my own dark self. Not that I feel dark, it's just inside that tiny brain of mine there isn't much light. Oh, an occasional brilliant idea lights up the joint but those comings are further apart these days. No one pays me for brilliant ideas anymore. I'll let you know when I get the next one.

So will I write about friends here? Should it matter, I do have a few regular readers? I think yes, if you do something I think is hilarious it will get a post, but personal matter, I don't think so, those are for my memoirs.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:33 PM

    do not change anything, trust you, what to you think?

    ReplyDelete