Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Six state tour

To get to another state we have to drive at least five hours in one direction. Last week darling husband and myself did six in one day. New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, and don't forget the state of confusion, which is where you are after paying all dem damn tolls on the highways. Give me higher gas tax any day. The locals have something cool called an Easy Pass that allows them to slide right through without stopping while us schmucks are sitting in line behind someone giving the attendent a hundred for a three buck toll. Sheesh!

We had a two-week vacation which was a bit long but we had so much to do. Visit darling's relatives in New Jersey which are darling second cousins. Gail and Shawn live on a private lake and it was almost too good to leave, they were super hosts.

This is darling husband and second-cousin paddling in from a morning ride. They have this view from their beach. Tough place to stay, right?

Not only did they give us a super room to stay in they stuffed us with local delicacies. Yeah, they held us down and force fed us, well, that's what I'm planning to tell my Dr. when he sees I've gained weight. We enjoyed Philly Cheese Steaks, Pepperoni Bread, Tasty Kakes, Boardwalk Pizza in Wildwood, Philadelphia Soft Pretzels and Kohr's frozen custard.

Surprisingly with all the chewing we did we could find time to see some sights, Downtown Philadelphia, Liberty Bell, New Jersey shore and my all time favorite, the Barnes Foundation Museum. Please visit this link because you wouldn't believe me if I told you about the collection. It's worth 6 billion dollars, yes, "B".

We left New Jersey and drove to DC and got to see most of the things we'd planned on. I say most because you can't do it in four days--I don't think you could do it in a week. More about DC later, but know it was wonderful.

So we're back home again for a while. Well, we seem to be back home again, the pillow feels different, but maybe I'm just in the state of confusion once again.

1 comment:

  1. so glad you had a good time.....but I missed your cute, funny little face ;)

    ReplyDelete