Friday, September 08, 2006

Car crash: animal style*

Oh no, not another "I hate drivers" post! I'm afraid, yes.

Driving home from the Getty Wednesday night, about 7:00 pm my carpool buddy, Dolores and I were witness to a traffic accident.

Let me set the scene:

Busy corner, Lassen and Balboa.
In-n-out Hamburgers stand is on the south-east corner with a long line of cars in the drive-thru.
I'm stopped in the left turn lane, one car in front of me. Solid traffic beside me.

Ok, so my light turns green and the guy in front doesn't even move, so I wait. The traffic across has just started to roll when this idiot, coming from my left, blows the light at an amazing rate of speed. He misses the guy in front of me, clips the woman in the lane next to us, hits the breaks; skids and hits some car we can't see, then jumps the curb and t-bones some poor shmuck in the drive through.

Can you imagine, coming home, just gonna pick up a few burgers for dinner and whammo gets nailed waiting to order.

In-n-out is a Southern California burger joint that has quite a following and the title is from my darling husband. Animal style is a way to order your hamburger.

2 comments:

  1. this is when ya wish ya had a video camera.....it just seems hard to imagine. Wish I could have seen the look on Delores face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A debt of gratitude is in order for setting aside an ideal opportunity to talk about this, I feel unequivocally about it and affection adapting more on this subject. On the off chance that conceivable, as you pick up ability, would you psyche overhauling your website with additional data? It is greatly useful for m https://www.eliaandponto.com/michigan-auto-accident-lawyer/

    ReplyDelete