Monday, September 08, 2008

A new defence

This is our old decrepit wood fence. How old? I'm guessing near twenty years but I'm so bad remembering this stuff. I do remember the guys that were renting the house next door said they'd do the work if we bought the wood. We thought this a good idea and it did last quite a few years and these two guys worked in construction and were in pretty good shape. Why do I remember these two? I had a teen aged daughter at the time and well, let's just say all the kids in the neighborhood called one of them, Bob, the Babe.

This fence has withstood many a windstorm and a number of children, neighbors not mine, until this year when our current neighbor could stand this no more and took some vacation, asked my beloved to go in half, and build a new fence. So after pricing a few options off they went to Lowes for cedar but came back with plastic.

Plastic. I had to think about this one for a moment but after some deliberation and explanation from the fence builders, I did accept the idea. I really had no say so in this as I was not lifting a finger to help build it though I did feed them a couple of times. The bright white, I'll have to get used to it or maybe soften it's effect with some plantings nearby.

The other neighbors? You don't even want to know what's going on there because once my beloved gets going, stand back. The neighbors in the back are willing for a change, too. I see more white in my future.



No comments:

Post a Comment