Thursday, May 24, 2007

Why the good mood?

Walking has become quite a joyful event for me these days. I try to attach my walks to saving gas by making one stop and lots of walking in between businesses but on occasion I just walk.

This morning's walk was quite relaxing and before I knew it I'd walked much farther than I usually do. I try to take my mind of how far and just enjoy the time. That seemed to be successful this morning because I noticed so many different nice things. No one tried to run me down in the crosswalk, two people smiled and answered my bright and cheery hello, and I watched a squirrel scamper across the park and up into a tree carrying what I assumed was a nut.

There is no other word for the way they move except scamper. They seem to bounce in between each step as if their front feet are tied together, as well as their hind feet, like some escaped mental patient gloriously ignoring the fact their feet don't move independently when they run. Walking is a different matter. They can scoot up the tree moving all four appendages.

Enough of small furry animals, I have to say I'm most likely in a good mood because today was our daughter's birthday and we'll just say, she's an adult and leave the age alone. We took her to lunch; she picked a nice restaurant across from her office. It's always a treat to see her in the middle of the week. So Happy Birthday, lil Bird and thanks for being such an important part of our lives.

1 comment:

  1. well, thanks for lunch and thanks for being great parents and even better friends! p.s., can't wait to use the solar oven!

    ReplyDelete