Sunday, October 19, 2008

Lights, camera; ACTION

Editor's note: This procedure has been postponed until next Tuesday, the 28th. I wonder if they know how disturbing this is to patients; getting all psyched up for nothing.

Dang, just when you thought it was safe and I'd gotten away from the doctors, mine reminded me I promised to have an Endoscopy this year. When I called to schedule they had an opening on Tuesday. Tuesday? Holy Cats, if I'd really needed something I wouldn't have gotten an appointment until next January.

Now the word, Endoscopy, sounds like it's going in, well, your end but thankfully it isn't. All I need do is don't eat after midnight and they'll poke a camera down my throat and into my stomach. Yuck, I don't even like going to the dentist for that reason; all that stuff in your mouth. I'll post the picture, maybe make them my holiday card if they aren't too gruesome.

For those concerned, I'm having this test so hopefully I can get off some medicine I've been taking. I think I'm healed but the doctor wants to actually have a "look-see"; his words, not mine.

Am I scared? Shoot, I've got money in the stock market what else could be so frightening.



No comments:

Post a Comment