Sunday, August 24, 2008

Flashing knives

We are looking to squeeze a trip to the beach this week. It takes a fair amount of planning on our part, the 5th wheel is not stored on our property and with two RVs I'm always robbing one. Oh, I have two sets of the basics but I'm always forgetting some of the odd things, like the cribbage board and a deck of cards. We like to play cards when we're camping but I find it odd we never do at home. I guess there are too many distractions.

We only have Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday morning then I'm off to the Getty Center. I don't dare be missing as it is the tail-end of tourist season and we've been packed the last few weeks. All the docents love doing what we do, geeze, we do volunteer, but by September we are longing for one of those days without 100 people in an hour in the sketching gallery.

Some quiet time at the beach will give me time to contemplate my need for surgery for my lateral epicondylitis, I love saying that, makes me feel smart but it's really just "tennis elbow." My orthopedic wants me to have it as well as my therapist but I'm looking for an alternative and acupuncture seems to be successful for some. I'll be seeing a doctor next week when we get back from camping. After the six weeks with my broken wrist I'm wary to have surgery but when the pain gets unbearable, I'll be forced to go under the knife.

Anyone had an experience with acupuncture? I'm usually a skeptic when it comes to stuff like this but very interested in a first-hand report.

No comments:

Post a Comment