Saturday, August 23, 2008

Tuesdays with Moon: and the band played on

This past Tuesday was quite the trial for my No Gas Tuesday. I took a bus to a train, to a bus, to another bus, and it all took about three hours. Yes, I could have driven in a third of that time but I'm staying true to my self challenge. I did not drive my car but in the end did carpool with daughter, lil bird to the Dave Matthews concert. The end was well worth my effort.

Once there we we not sure the concert would take place. LeRoi Moore, the horn player and original band member died that morning of complications from a recent accident. This was a shock. You see, my daughter has been taking me to their concerts since 1998; it's become a tradition. Though I can't say I'm as big a fan as her, I love their music and have so much fun with her at the shows.

That night the emotions ran the gamut from shock and sadness to joy and remembrance. What really happened was a huge wake at the Staple Center with fans and band members giving their friend quite the send off. I think any musician would be thrilled with that memorial. Dave summed it up by saying, "It's always easier to leave, than to be left."

No comments:

Post a Comment