Thursday, February 07, 2008

Let thee without sin

If I'm in line at a market/big box store/confessional I have no problem chatting with people; I'm a friendly person. What I don't like is someone commenting on my choice of cereal/tomatoes/sins.

While stopping by Costco to buy some canned tomatoes the woman in front of me asked as she wrinkled up her nose,

"Do you know how much sodium is in those?"

"Is this a contest," I asked, "do I get a prize if I know?"

"Oh heavens no, I'm just warning everyone I see buying them", she says.

"So, that was a rhetorical question, you knew the answer but you just wanted me to look stupid?"

"Well! if you don't care about your health"

"I do care about my health but I've weighed the benefits of eating canned tomato and getting lycopene along with the sodium or eating frozen processed food and just getting the sodium. By the way, do you know how much sodium is in your frozen chicken breasts? Have a nice day."

People, if you find yourself wanting to help the world/your community/fellowman resist unless it's to vote the Republicans out of office.

1 comment:

  1. oh my god I love it when I run into these folks in line. Just always provides so much free entertainment.

    Good response seester.

    ReplyDelete