Thursday, March 08, 2007

Over heard at the park

"Did you go to the dance?" said the lady sitting behind me to her friend. I couldn't exactly see these two women but I could tell they weren't teenagers.

"Yes, I went to the dance," she said with a sigh.

"Well, tell me, did you have a good time?"

"I'll tell you. I went to the dance and I was lookin' real nice and I was really expectin' to get asked to dance but I just sat there, all alone, the whole night. Then, when it was just about over this nice lookin' man starts to come up to me. He was a real nice lookin' guy, you know, nice and he was smilin' at me just walkin' right up to me."

"So? what did you do?" asks her friend.

"I just sat there thinkin' finally someone's noticed me, so I smile. Pardon me, he says, would you mind dancing with my brother, he's a bit retarded."

1 comment:

  1. and you didn't get up to see what these two ladies looked like. Oh my I would give her a hug or asked her to dance or something...bless her heart!

    ReplyDelete