Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Crystal, more than preserves

I had a friend, Crystal who was born in New Orleans, and when they'd pass by this sign her momma 'n them would tell her that's where they got the idea for her name. I found this photo on the Crystal Hot Sauce site. It made me smile because our dear Crystal died a few years back and I sure do miss her, especially around Mardi Gras. Even though she was transplanted in California she always planned our Mardi Gras "feast" at work complete with "throws" she'd collected. She was a doll.

Sorry you're not with us anymore Crystal but wherever you are I know you've written and directed a play, sewed all the costumes--and made a great pot of red beans and rice for the after party.

Let the good times roll,
Crystal M. St. Romain
July 8, 1957 - May 16, 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment